Flying isn't my cup of tea: turbulence, crabby travelers, etc. but let's focus on how to survive it shall we? 👍🏼
Now a lot of airlines anymore will offer a free pair to you on a flight. How cool is that?! However, I recommend bringing your own set just for security measures... ya know, that ONE time you forgot em, they won't offer them! Ha! That's my luck. 😉
There's a couple reason this works out so well for me:
- Roll your clothing
- Utilize space in the "hood" of your carry-on for shoes and extra bulky stuff. If you don't have a "hard top" carry on like the one I have pictured above, 'fold' your shoes at the bottom of your luggage and tuck miscellaneous stuff into them and around them to cushion it. This allows your rolled clothing to lay flat and utilize all room.
- When you get through ID check, look at how long the security check line is. This will determine if you actually have time to throw your passport back in your pack or if you need to throw it into a plastic bin and pack after the check.
- When you get to the 'assembly line', throw all your loose stuff in first: watch, wallet, shoes, jacket if wearing one. (This all typical is Jason). If you're still holding your passport and tickets, this will go in the bin as well.
- You will need to get your liquids bag out as well if you haven't already. I usually do this while I'm waiting in line (if applicable) as well as packing away our tickets and passports.
- I'm usually first when traveling to go through the check point. I also can get it together quicker for the fact I don't have wallet, watch, etc. that being said. I get through there and start grabbing our things. I can usually put my shoes on, combine our bins quick for easier handling alone, and grab 2-3 of our carry on/personal items before J gets through (yeah I'm good - you'll get there too!). The trick is to combine and move. Don't be that person who stands there putting stuff on while others are coming behind you trying to get their things. Security will yell at you too! 😬
BONUS TIP: PRAY you don't get a kid who kicks your seat the entire flight!
Happy flying!! ✈️
An adventurous soul, a kind heart, and a sarcastic mouth. You never know which you will get.